newbie question... (1 Viewer)

jazzlall

Local time
Today, 10:30
Quite new the world of access - I know the basics pretty much. What I wanted to know, and I am sorry if this sounds like a really stupid question, but hoping someone will be able to give me some advice.

I am looking to design a database in access which is fully accessible on the internet also on a webpage. What would need to be done to achieve, a few people I have spoken to have mentioned ASP.net & ADO.net.

Is it just a matter of creating the entire database locally and then using some code to upload it on the internet, making sure my host supports asp etc?

Thanks in advance

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
I'm far from an expert as far as Access on the web goes (or Access in general, beginner here too), but here's my understanding:

The database (at least the back end) would have to be hosted on a server so that it is accessable to the web. Then you could use data access pages to make an interface for users (although access pages only display in IExplorer).

Another option would be to make your backend SQL on a server, then you could use PHP / ASP / Perl / Rails, whatever to manipulate data and still use Access to access the same data yourself. You said you were a beginner in Access, so if you are familiar with another system this might work for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom