Solved No access to VBA file (1 Viewer)

hhag

Local time
Today, 20:00
Hi,
Access can be patience testing I must say. :rolleyes: Especially when I can't think of something that I've done differently compared to before.
When I'm running a front end I now suddenly get a message that the VBA file could not be accessed. The network connection may have been disconnected.

Anyone that have any idea what to do? Network connection is not lost. I seem to have access to all files, including the back-end version. And I even get the VBA editor running, so I can see my code.
Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
HHAG

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:00
Is the front end an ACCDE file? If so, the VBA code is protected and a 'Project is unviewable' message is displayed.
If not, you may be affected by a bug affecting Access 365 that has still not been fixed after well over a year

hhag

Local time
Hi,
No, the font-end is my version, which means full editable. And it's this fron-end I'm working with.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:00
sometimes things like that happens.
its a bug in access trying to connect to the back end.
make sure you have the original. the Un-split one. its faster to open and edit.
after you are done making changes to code, create a copy. used the copy to link to the be.

hhag

Local time
Hi,
@isladogs; I'll follow your link and see if that helps, but it's the access to the VBA files it's missing...
@arnelgp; So you always do updates in the un-split one? And then you split it all over again? Do you then also need to swap the back-end version even if you don't have done any changes in tables?

And, thanks 🙏 🙏 for all your time!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:00
i always make a second copy before splitting. it is very difficult to open the fe (split one) when some one is using the BE.

before, i disconnect the users from the BE manually, until i found a code that can display a message that the system is under maintenance then after some elapse time kick-off all users so i get exclusive use.

i dont swap the BE, the tables are all outdated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom