No budget. Is Access an option? (1 Viewer)

catalin.petrut

Never knowing cleric
Local time
Today, 10:50
I have a big dilemma. I want to develop a app for the education department of my company. The users should be able to insert appoiments for the clients for attending some seminars. Users are located in each county of the country. The budget for this project is 0. Yes, zero! That means that all we have is a .ro internet domain.
My dilemma is: should i start to develop a access app or should i look for another option, cheaper? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Catalin

Last edited:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:50
Does your web host support Access databases?

MySQL and PHP are free in both sense of the words (open source and cost). PHP.net (http://www.php.net/) is one of the best resources for a language out there when you get stuck. That would be my suggestion.

catalin.petrut

Never knowing cleric
Local time
Today, 10:50
How different is php-mysql from access? Could i do a php-mysql app if i've never tried php?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 02:50
Well, they aren't equivalent. Access is essentially a suite of tools. MySQL is a database in the purest sense of the word and PHP is a scripting language. My guess is you probably would have a 2 or 3 month long learning curve to get up to speed.

sensetech

An old, bold coder
Local time
Today, 08:50
You could have the back-end on a web-based MySQL database with the front-end developed in Access. That would cut the learning curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom