Solved No Data In Form (1 Viewer)

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:51
I'm super stumped on this one! I have a few templates that I use and one is for a continuous form. I've used it many times and it works fine. I am trying to use it to build a very simple summary form. I have a table tblInvBank which I have cut down to the bare bones and it only has two fields; IDBank and BankName. I have some test data in the table.

The recordsource for my form is as simple as can be;

SELECT tblInvBank.BankName
FROM tblInvBank;

I have one control in the detail section of the form which is txtBankName whose control source is BankName. If I run the query from the Query Builder I get the results I would expect--a list of Banks. But on the form nothing shows up. I have made sure that the Control's Visible property is set to yes, and have a border set so that I could at least see a list of blank borders if the problem was some sort of color formatting that made text invisible. If I create a blank form from scratch it works right away, so I am assuming it has something to do with the form, especially because the query runs without a problem in the query builder.

Any Ideas? --As always thanks in advance

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Are you able to post a copy of your test db?

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Are you able to post a copy of your test db?
Here is a copy with a lot of extraneous tables and forms not included.

I have a menu system that I use that allows me to add a submenu, or a form, to a menu. So I have included the table and form for that operation as well. To navigate, you use the two graphics to the left and right of the title, or the choices in the menu. The left graphic will always take you back one step. If you are looking at a menu, the right graphic will quit the program. If you are looking at a summary form the right graphic will take you to a single form to add a record. When working in that "InputEdit" single form, clicking the right graphic will cancel the data entry and take you back to the summary form. The problem I am having is at Investment Menu>Bank Summary Form.
Thanks again for the help. I've been at this a couple of days now and am getting frustrated. (Amateur days, so it's only really a few hours)

Attachments

• ForumVersionWF.accdb
    992 KB · Views: 161

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
P.S. The table with the bank info is tblInvBank. The name of the form I am having trouble with is frmInvBanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
P.S. The table with the bank info is tblInvBank. The name of the form I am having trouble with is frmInvBanks
Hi. Not sure if this is what you're asking; but if you want to see all the records from the table when you open that form, then try setting the Data Entry property to No (instead of Yes).

Hope that helps...

AJJJR

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Not sure if this is what you're asking; but if you want to see all the records from the table when you open that form, then try setting the Data Entry property to No (instead of Yes).

Hope that helps...
O.K. That absolutely worked!! But why? I'm pretty sure I have continuous forms that allow data entry and work.

In any case thank you, thank you, thank you!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
O.K. That absolutely worked!! But why? I'm pretty sure I have continuous forms that allow data entry and work.

In any case thank you, thank you, thank you!
Hi. You're very welcome. The Data Entry property basically allows the user to enter new records but without giving them permission to view previously existing records. It's good for certain situations.

Good luck with your project.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:51
The other place you would look is the form's "Allowxxx"' properties which govern things you can do on that form. But theDBguy's .DataEntry call is probably the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom