Nobody Can Use Microsoft Access!!! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:59

DANE BAPTISTE: STEALIN' JOBS & VIRGINS​

From time index 1min 10 seconds

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:59
Who knew Access could be part of a comedian's routine:) I wonder how many of the people laughing had even a clue what Access is?

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 09:59
"Nobody can use Microsoft access"
Who knew Access could be part of a comedian's routine:) I wonder how many of the people laughing had even a clue what Access is?
yes people are more familiar with word,excel and maybe power point.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:59
Oh, it can get worse than that. Around the office with the Navy, there was (for a while, at least) this aura that if you admitted you knew Access, you were doomed because it was like a criminal record that could never be expunged. When one of my co-workers named Eugene left for a job in another city, the boss asked around if anyone knew Access and I said I could at least spell it. Next thing you know, I was their in-house expert on OpenVMS and out-house expert on Access. ("outhouse" cause they immediately sniffed the air when I would mention Access.) So back in 2008 when I got the MS MVP award for Access, they had to kind of step back and take note because the Navy made a big deal of it, sort of like it was a good thing. But the ORACLE guys still sniffed the air when I came around.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 12:59
But the ORACLE guys still sniffed the air when I came around.
The ONLY way to make Oralgel "useful" is to either export the data to Excel or link the tables to Access. But then you all know this. I shouldn't complain; it is THIS mentality that has allowed me to live a pretty good life since 2008.

Keep on hatin' boys, baby needs a new pair 'o shoes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom