Not able to reduce width of a Form beyond a limit (1 Viewer)

SachAccess

Local time
Today, 22:38
Hi,
I am trying to edit an existing form from an existing MS Access Database file.
I am trying to reduce the width of the form however Access is not allowing me to reduce the width beyond a certain point.
Am able to increase the width but not able to reduce it less than 11.9653"
All the visible objects on the form are till 9” only still Access is not allowing me to reduce the width.
How can I resolve this. Can anyone please help me this.
PS - Screenshot uploading is not allowed, apologies.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:08
You have something on the form that is at that dimension.

And a screen shot in design mode won't tell us anything other than your field names, if you obscure any logo's etc.

SachAccess

Local time
Hi @Minty thanks a lot for the help. You are correct.
There was a thin line just above the footer. Its length was more than 11.
I did not realize that is a line and can be reduced. Now I have removed that line and was able to reduce Form widht.
Have a nice day ahead. :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:08
When reducing the dimensions of a form, you rearrange the controls first, then shrink the form. The converse isn't true. You can move controls first (to the right or down) and the form's width will auto-expand based on the height and width of the control from its top-left corner to the bottom right corner. You cannot, however, expand to the left or up because the top\left corner is the fixed point for a control AND for the form. (And for reports, too.)

SachAccess

Local time
When reducing the dimensions of a form, you rearrange the controls first, then shrink the form. The converse isn't true. You can move controls first (to the right or down) and the form's width will auto-expand based on the height and width of the control from its top-left corner to the bottom right corner. You cannot, however, expand to the left or up because the top\left corner is the fixed point for a control AND for the form. (And for reports, too.)
Thanks for the help. Have a nice day ahead. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom