Not to Bright (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 09:05
I will admit I am not the brightest guy on this forum, but this new format is driving me crazy. At first I thought it was just a learning curve but after all this time I still can find anything.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Saw your other comment and thought it probably wasn't real fair. Jon took a considerable risk to make things better here, and once the change was in effect, has been very accommodating in trying to make things better. Maybe for you it's just a matter of learning the changes, or maybe you're experiencing browser related issues (some have). If you want help with a specific thing, you could start by asking specific questions - nicely? I noticed you posted the same thing 2x about Harbor Freight, so it seems you are having some difficulties. Maybe you can start with searching?

I supposed there are 3 or more basic search types. I'm going to guess that you want to start by finding your own stuff. One way is to click on your avatar. On the resulting popup, click on it again. The resulting page presents 3 search methods in a drop down "Find". Perhaps choosing posts by you is what you needed earlier. I suspect you might get the same thing via the Search (with magnifying glass) at the top right of your screen. Not sure.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:05
I will admit I am not the brightest guy on this forum, but this new format is driving me crazy. At first I thought it was just a learning curve but after all this time I still can find anything.
Really Dick?
The Search facility is so much better?
What are you having trouble with?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for answering. Under old format. I would click my name and there were all my post.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Threads.png

You can find threads you started, and those you replied to.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You're not alone in having difficulty finding these. The first time I found them I thought brilliant, but then it took me ages and a lot of head scratching to find them again, and I still struggle to find them occasionally now.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I think a YouTube video may be in order as the software I use has a new feature. It now records screencast of my mobile. I need to try that out sometime! This could provide the ideal opportunity!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks, learning curve after all, I guess???

I guess it's just frustration showing its ugly head. This is the first time I have been home this long in 27 years. It's not an easy job traveling and checking out restaurants, but I miss it. Hopefully, my schedule will resume in Sept. Oct. and then out to eat with Doc Man in Dec.
Plus, not enough room to list all that's gone wrong this week.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
It now records screencast of my mobile. I need to try that out sometime!

My First!

In this video I demonstrate how to find threads started by you, and threads you are participating in, on Access World Forums, on an Android phone/mobile in the chrome Browser...
Find Your Threads on Access World Forums - Android - Nifty Access

Reactions: Jon

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:05
My frustration is finding threads started by another member. I can do this on other forums.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:05
My frustration is finding threads started by another member. I can do this on other forums.

Go to their profile. One way is clicking on their icon and then user name. Then Find/All threads by...

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:05
And there's that learning curve - I was going to profile and don't know how I missed that dropdown before 🤪

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:05
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom