null value (1 Viewer)

jarheadjim

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:20
i want to print a report that shows me only incomplete data(any field blank). I run a tool check in/out room, and i need to be able to see what items are still out. thanx in advance for the help

J

Jerry Stoner

Try Is Null in the criteria for the appropriate field in your query

jarheadjim

Registered User.
Local time
i tried "is null" and "=null" in the criteria, but the report keeps coming back empty. i have the report pulling data from the query. any other thoughts?

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 12:20
Run your query by itself first to see if you're getting the correct results, then worry about getting the report working off of the query.

Null in the criteria box should work. Are they true nulls or possibly zero-length strings? Perhaps in the box underneath Null put "" (assuming this is a text field).

HTH,
David R

jarheadjim

Registered User.
Local time
ok, that worked, but now it only looks at the first "is null", i have several fields i need it to look at and report on if any of them are blank...do i need a seperate query for each of those fields? thanks for the patience

J

Jerry Stoner

OK Put Is Null in criteria for first field, (youve allready done that), then Is null in or(under criteria)etc. for each field. ie. each Is Null is on its own line in the criteria builder. If you use same line thats equal to and which you dont want.
HTH

KKilfoil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:20
For EACH field that you want to apply a criterion in an OR situation (i.e. if field1 is null OR field2 is null OR ...), put each criterion on a different ROW in the query design grid. You can insert more rows if you need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom