Numeric Quick Filters in a Split Form (1 Viewer)

JustinS

Local time
Today, 08:35
Creating an access database for work. Users will use a split form with only the datasheet visible to review and manipulate numeric data. On the form I have built in quick filters that consist of of textboxes in which the values are either raised or lowered with arrow buttons that have on-click events. I currently have the text boxes linked to the recordsource query criteria.

With all of this stated, the problem that I am having is that I need the the filter to act in the following manner:

textbox1=0 show all records.

textbox1>0 show all records >= textbox1.

textbox1<0 show all records <= textbox1.

I have considered trying to use multiple sql statements but I typically have about 3 of these quick filters on each form, and my project will eventually have about 20 forms. Additionally the three filters may be used in conjunction with each other. Therefore, That is a lot of sql statements to potentially mess up.

What ideas do you guys have to solve this problem? I really need help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:35
Hi. Welcome to AWF! Are you using the Filter property?

JustinS

Local time
Today, 08:35
No, I’m currently linking the textboxes from the form directly to the query criteria. However, I just recently discovered that I need to filter positives, negatives, and have no filter when the value is zero. I’ve never used the filter property, so I’m not quite sure how to code it for this application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom