Obsessed Criminal Lawyer (1 Viewer)

jhumphrey79

Local time
Today, 11:46
Got a solo law office and find vba more addictive than my clients find crack. Am developing application to ease all manner of client info, document generation and saving, calendaring and syncing with Google calendar.

And I have no idea what "polls" (except after an unfavorable jury verdict) or "tags" are.

There it is.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:46
Have Fun and Welcome to the Forum.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:46
Welcome to the forum

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Welcome to the forum.

Learning more about VBA and finding the help you need always starts with just making the effort to find it. Searching existing posts here on this forum will provide a lot of very quick help.

A few years ago I developed an Access database for a local lawyer to assist his office with much of what you are describing. Give me a shout if you need to bounce something off someone.

jhumphrey79

Local time
I do. I typed in a long question twice today and each time I tried to post it, it vanished.

I have a MainForm, essentially stolen from [Contacts Extended] in the Northwind model, the first page of which holds the clients' contact info.

The second page holds SubForm1, which is a datasheet of the clients' cases. Clicking on a case opens DynamicSubform, which alternates between 1) the list of tickets issued in each case by the cop, and 2) the journal entries on the case.

My "Pleading" button harvests the info for an individual case, including SubForm2's ticket numbers, and sends the data to my WOrd doc.

But my "With Me.ClientCasesSubform.Form.RecordsetClone" statement, of course, doesn't cycle through and grab the ticket numbers in SubForm2 (which is actually [ClientCharges] field linked by the ClientCaseId.

I've got so much time in this I refuse to lose to an entity that knows only 1's and 0's.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

jhumphrey79

Local time
The Me.RecordsetClone loopes endlessly through the fields on the main form.

Until I employed the DynamicSubform, all was well.

Thanks for your help and I'll keep digging.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:46
Sir Humphrey

I read all this and have no idea what you are trying to do.

Please Explain.

Please include the Tables you are using and the relivant fields within each Table.

Finally post your question in the FORMs forum. You will get a lot more people looking at it.

Just my 2 cents worth. This equals 2.324 cents US.

jhumphrey79

Local time
I love it. Leave it to a lawyer to confuse any issue with words.
THank you, Rain. And take the copper pennies over a check anyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom