ODBC - call failed error (1 Viewer)

phamyh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:02
I'm linking a new table and received this error. Does anyone know how to fixed this?

ODBC -- call failed.

[Oracle][ODBC][ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes:expected %s got %s (#932)

Thanks.

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm linking a new table and received this error. Does anyone know how to fixed this?

ODBC -- call failed.

[Oracle][ODBC][ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes:expected %s got %s (#932)

Thanks.

This error occurs whenever a LInked Table has one or more columns that is improperly defined. For instance, defined as Memo in Access and varchar(2) in Oracle, etc. Check each column of both sides of the Link and verify that they are fully compatible. If you find nothing, post the two sides for us and we can give opinions.

phamyh

Registered User.
Local time
This error occurs whenever a LInked Table has one or more columns that is improperly defined. For instance, defined as Memo in Access and varchar(2) in Oracle, etc. Check each column of both sides of the Link and verify that they are fully compatible. If you find nothing, post the two sides for us and we can give opinions.

I'm not sure how to verify this. Where is this located?

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm not sure how to verify this. Where is this located?

• In Access, you can see the column types by putting the Linked Version of the Table in Design Mode, and ignoring the message that says it will be read only.
  • It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, in Oracle you can use the DESCRIBE comand to do a similar thing.
  • You will then need to compare the column types.

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:02
Also there are datatypes that Access does not recognise, E.G. linking SQL tables with BigInt datatype can cause problems, but you can get around it by linking to a view/stored procedure that retrieves and converts the fields in question.

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Also there are datatypes that Access does not recognise, E.G. linking SQL tables with BigInt datatype can cause problems, but you can get around it by linking to a view/stored procedure that retrieves and converts the fields in question.

Your comment is excellent, but I was trying not to give the Op any more information than was needed to identify the issue. Once the Op DESCRIBEd the table, we would see any unusual data types and could determine the next step to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom