ODBC Connection for Cognos (1 Viewer)

AxGryndr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:56
I have read a few things about ODBC connections for Cognos but no one has any really info. I am using Cognos ReportNet and I am trying to get the information from the Cognos report to Access automatical, i.e. with ODBC and VB. Thanks for any help.

AxGryndr

Registered User.
Local time
So does anyone know anyone that might have info about ODBC connections to Cognos?

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
I don't even know what Cognos is although I'd recommend taking a look at either Carl Prothman's site or connectionstrings.com.

Furthermore, the best starting point is usually documentation for the driver for whatever you need to connect with.

HTH.

AxGryndr

Registered User.
Local time
I looked at connection strings but it only has basic ODBC info and the way it looks in code. The problem is Cognos reports live on the internet as far as I know and I am not sure how to get to them. I will look up Carl's site.

Banana

Local time
Hmmm...

I would want to verify if Cognos even supports ODBC first. If so, they should have a driver (usually a separate download/product AFAIK).

AxGryndr

Registered User.
Local time
Well that is the rumor I read about. There site says that Access is supported ODBC level 4.0 and thats all I have.

Banana

Local time
Ah, but does *Cognos* support it? It has to be both ways; ODBC is just an middleware.

unclejoe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:56
If the back-end server is Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL then use Access ODBC connection to link the tables.

As far as I see it, Cognos is a front end application.

Well that is the rumor I read about. There site says that Access is supported ODBC level 4.0 and thats all I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom