Odd Behavior Printing Current Record (1 Viewer)

JamesJoey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:43
I have a table I call tblNotes with only 3 fields: NoteID, NoteItem and NoteDetail.
I've been using for some time now to printout certain record s as needed.
One record which is my grocery list I've been using and printing out for a long time now.
Today when I tried to print t out nothing was on the paper except for the date which I
paced at the top of the list.
I tried printing several other records and they all printed fine. As far as I can tell only
grocery list record wasn't being printed.
In the form view everything looked good. So, I selected all the text copied it and pasted
it into a new Wordpad document. Nothing appeared to paste until I looked closer
and found the text was white just like the background.
I deleted the record and created a new one and pasted the text. The text was there but it wouldn't print.
So, I deleted all the text and retyped the list which then printed fine.
It seems that the text in the report was changed to white just in this record.

Can anyone explain this?
Is it a sign of some other issue?

James

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:43
It is quite rare for text to change color like that, though it surely explains the immediate symptom of how it was printed.

However, something that could explain this would be whether you had made the text box Rich Text and then had something in the actual text that looked like a font-color change. Also, since this is a grocery list, the question is how often do you edit this list? Repeated manipulation offers you many chances to somehow accidentally alter the display characteristics.

JamesJoey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:43
Tis is a Rich Text.
The data gets changed very frequently... actually much more than other records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom