Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 17:49
Lager? Pils? Ale?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
How is it a conservative like you can live in California??

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
1674825202588.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:49
Sorry, don't have time to trawl through 45 minutes of video. If you want a specific comment, please provide the time in the video where the author makes this assertion.

Certainly indexing can slow the bulk insert and update of records since the indexes need to be updated as well. But manual entry of data will not be noticeably affected. There are ways to overcome this which may or may not have been mentioned by the author.

However that small time cost of inserting/updating records is more than outweighed by the time saved when retrieving data.

see this link on why indexing is important

SachAccess

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:19
Sorry, don't have time to trawl through 45 minutes of video. If you want a specific comment, please provide the time in the video where the author makes this assertion.

Certainly indexing can slow the bulk insert and update of records since the indexes need to be updated as well. But manual entry of data will not be noticeably affected. There are ways to overcome this which may or may not have been mentioned by the author.

However that small time cost of inserting/updating records is more than outweighed by the time saved when retrieving data.

see this link on why indexing is important
Thanks for the help. Actually the entire video is of the same these, about index and its impact of performance.
If you get time, you may try to watch from minute 36:00.

Have a nice day ahead. :)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:49
Subject post has been moved to "Theory and practice of database design." Credited to SachAccess.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Steve R. - not only does Brian Herbert ra** his father's corpse, but he needs help to do it. Which means he's not much of a writer.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I loved the first book. Hated the movie. It was like having a black cloth over my eyes so that it was impossible to see what was going on. Very bad interpretation.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:49
I usually dislike all movies that I very broadly (to the chagrin of many people) categorize as Cartoons, or suspension-of-disbelief things like people with special superpowers - i.e., 96.4% of the movie theaters today.

Thus I have taken to reading again.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
suspension-of-disbelief things like people with special superpowers

Yet there is one book that many people read and even hold in reverence where you need to do exactly that.

I hope I don't have to spell it out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom