OLE Error ? (1 Viewer)

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:20
Help please !

Trying to poke values into a Excel spreadsheet from Access table using OLE.

Everything works fine (for several months)- software rolled out. But suddenly it has stopped working part way through the access table. I get an Error #1004.

Anybody know what this error is? I can't find a description of the error in either Access, VB or Excel. I suspect it might be a 'permissions' problem with the spreadsheet - but I do not 'own' the Excel file and nobody will admit to changing it !
(The access code has not changed and it works with an old version of the spreadsheet!)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SteveA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:20
I had this problem with an export and found that I had a corrupt entry in my table in Access. Once I deleted the corrupt entry, the export worked fine. I still haven't identified what corrupted that particular record.

HTH
SteveA

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks steve - I am pritty sure that is not the problem, though thanks for the info. The way the code works is that the Module in Access finds the appropriate records in the spreadsheet at runtime so as to allow for people re-ordering the table, spreadsheet or both.

Tests show that the code stops at a different record position depending on the sort order in the table. That would suggest that the Error is outside the Access Table
(- maybe in the Spreadsheet) -but I am not an expert in Excel and don't have any control over the .xls file.

SteveA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:20
The only option I could think of is that one of the cells in the spreadsheet has been set to locked. This also happened to me, when someone decided to redesign a spreadsheet without letting me know

HTH
SteveA

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Steve,

I think you are correct ! I suspected that someone has been playing with the spreadsheet - but have no evidence - I have not access to edit security only to poke the values into an area of one sheet. What I was hopeing was that somebody would be able to give a precise definition of the error number so that I would have some evidance that the problem is with them !!!

Ta for trying. I am sure it will come out in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom