One record being excluded (1 Viewer)

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:51
So within my database of employees, when the daily productivity reports are generated one employee is missing. I went back to the query that the report is based on and discovered that the query actually doesnt pull his record at all. I went back through my tables and all of the data for him is correct and inputed. I even checked the spelling on his department name and the query (just incase sombody spelled it wrong while importing) but no dice. Even copying and pasting his department name from the record into the condition of the query doesnt return him. The only conditions of the query are that the person be in x department and the record be from y date. I have checked both of these and the employee does have a record from y date.

EDIT: So I have an even more general query that just returns all employees on a given date, he is not featured in this one either, but from looking at the table you can see he has a record on this date, I'm even more confused now

Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:51
Sounds like a Join issue. Is your query pulling from more than one table?

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
This query basically groups everything together, it pulls from one query that finds all of the last days entries. Then from there is pulls additional information about the employee (such as position, name ect), it also pulls the Performance and Offline data for the employee as well as there employment status (ie: Full-time 8hrs, part-time 5hrs). While a join issue could be the problem it seems unlikely, i've checked and the query works for every other person in the system, however it does appear that the query that finds the previous days entries is where the error is, as that appears to be the earliest point where he is missing

Edit: Aha! After further looking through tables, it appears whoever imported him gave him the wrong ID number/Login ID in the database, so when the system imports the information its importing it under the correct data while the reference is incorrect

Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Maybe it's worth having a rethink of how that process is handled. Shouldn't access automatically assign IDs either via code or DLookup()?

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Well the numerical ID is the employee number given to the person by HR, and the login ID is the ID that is used by the punch clock system, so it doesnt really make a whole lot of sense to have our entire operation changed to work around an access database, the problem is that whoever originally typed in the employee data (could have even been myself) made a careless spelling error that showed its head down the road.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You're not going to change the whole system. It's just a matter of looking for a way to automate the LoginID generation so you won't have to worry about typos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom