open Access App with Access window minimized (1 Viewer)

vbaDev

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:50
I already have this working by means of:

doCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize in Form_Load (or Form_Open) events.

This works great to hide Access and only display the main form (like a standalone app).

But I have 2 issues:

1. The PopUp form (main or "switchboard" if you like) opens, then Access is minimized, but then the form looses focus. If there are other programs running, form will be behind them!

2. Access is first seen opening (for a moment) and THEN minimized (see 1.). Is there a way NOT TO SEE IT at all? :)

Thanks!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:50
2. Access is first seen opening (for a moment) and THEN minimized (see 1.). Is there a way NOT TO SEE IT at all? :)

Move to developing in VB.NET or another program development tool. You can still use Access for storage of the data. There's a bit of a learning curve and you have a lot more that you have to code for since Access normally takes care of a lot of it for you. But, if you really want it to look, and act, like a program I would say go get a copy of VB.NET 2005 and have at it.

vbaDev

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:50
Move to developing in VB.NET or another program development tool. You can still use Access for storage of the data. There's a bit of a learning curve and you have a lot more that you have to code for since Access normally takes care of a lot of it for you. But, if you really want it to look, and act, like a program I would say go get a copy of VB.NET 2005 and have at it.

Thanks, I'm already learning it (and want to move up to getting a job in .Net development, but that'll take time). Thing is, for this project I really can't change venue, it has to be Access 2000. And I am so close :)

I really don't see how it's not possible, I'm sure it's a simple feature that someone knows about.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:50
Well, here's hoping you get it sorted in the current format. I'm sure you'll keep us posted if you get a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom