Open Form Macro with 3 WHERE Conditions (1 Viewer)

BPERELLA

Local time
Today, 18:57
I am trying to open a Form using a command button on an exiting form. One condition is based on a date field, one on a text field and the other on a text field saved from an option group. Not sure whether to use the looked-up text or the numeric value for the option group field value. Using the wizard, gives me the first condition:

="[pp_end_date]=" & "#" & [pp_end_date] & "#"

text field =[Employee ID]

option group field = [Pay Type] 1="State", 2="Osha"

Don't know the syntax for 1 never mind 3 conditions. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:57
I don't use macros, only VBA.

Strongly advise not to use spaces in naming convention.

What value is actually saved into [Pay Type] - number?

="[pp_end_date]=#" & [pp_end_date] & "# AND [Employee ID] = " & [Employee ID] & " AND [Pay Type]=" & [Pay Type]

This requires input into all 3 criteria.

BPERELLA

Local time
The table shows text, but to get a conditional format to work I had to use the number, 1 or 2 for State or OSHA.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
If field is saving 1 or 2 why is it a text field?

What is name of Option Group control? Use that in the criteria.

Recommend not building lookups in table.

BPERELLA

Local time
When I entered the syntax offered by June7, I got the error "Data Type mismatch in criteria expression"

="[pp_end_date]=#" & [pp_end_date] & "# AND [Employee ID] = " & [Employee ID] & " AND [Pay Type]=" & [Pay Type]

Looking at the Macro error window, the argument is:

Comments 21, Form, , [pp_end_date]=#5/15/2021# AND [EMPLOYEE_NUMBER] = 10000 AND [Pay Type]=1, , Normal

These are the correct values. {EMPLOYEE_NUMBER] is a text field. I think the mismatch must be on [Pay Type]. It's reading the Option Group number of 1.

The underlying query dhows it as 1. What do you think is causing the mismatch error?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
If it is a text field, need apostrophe delimiters. Similar to the # delimiter for dates. Sorry, didn't notice that in OP. Is the field Employee ID or Employee_Number?

Code:
="[pp_end_date]=#" & [pp_end_date] & "# AND [Employee ID] = '" & [Employee ID] & "' AND [Pay Type]=" & [Pay Type]

Last edited:

BPERELLA

Local time
="[pp_end_date]=#" & [pp_end_date] & "# AND [Employee ID] = '" & [Employee ID] & "' AND [Pay Type]=" & [Pay Type]

My mistake it is Employee_Number. Same mismatch error after adding single quotes as you suggested.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

BPERELLA

Local time
Thanks for your offer June7. Just too much confidential data to clean out. If [Pay_type] were text how would that change the expression?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Apostrophe delimiters, same as with [Employee ID].
='" & [Pay Type] & "'"

BPERELLA

Local time
That did it! Seems like because there is a lookup to convert the Option Group number, It seems to be saving the text. Thanks June7!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom