Open Navigation Pane Programmatically (1 Viewer)

hokiewalrus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:43
Hello all -

I have a program that I am mildly modifying (I did not write it) and everything is gravy except they want to be able to see the navigation pane only while a certain form is open.

I was pretty easily able to hide the pane via VBA when the program starts and when the maint. form closes, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to open it again.

I know you can just hit F11 to get it open but I'd much rather be able to do it in code and disable that method if it's possible.

Thanks.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 09:43
have you tried send keys? that should work fine if nothing else. carefule with the syntax tho....it's tricky.

you may also want to google something like this: ms access open navigation pane vba

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:43
really, consider providing the users with a menu, that gives them the options they should need

it is realy dangerous to mess with access objects directly - that should only be for system development, and hard core problem fixing!

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Continuing this a year later.

What i was hoping to do in a backend database is:

1. open a form on load

2. Navigation Pane in turned off by default.

3. Push a botton to turn on the pane.

4. I'll most likely program some sort of password protection

5. Special Keys are disabled.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
This should get you started...

Code:
If MsgBox("Do you want to temporarily show or hide the Navigation Pane?" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Click the Yes button to show the Navigation Pane." & vbCrLf & "Click the No button to hide the Navigation Pane.", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Show Hide Navigation Pane") = vbYes Then
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
Else
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
End If

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom