Solved Open Report with where condition (1 Viewer)

wilder20

Local time
Today, 06:01
I am using Access 2016, I am trying to open a report with a where condition, on a form I have a unbound combo box listing names (Cbo_Fltr_AADCtrCd) (saved as text) and on the report the field to be filtered is (AADInstalledBy) (saved as text) the report will open without the were clause, but when the combobox is selected the report is blank. What Im i doing wrong, listed below is the code that I tried.

If IsNull(Me.Cbo_Fltr_RigNm) Then
DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview
Else
DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , "[AADInstallBy]" = " & Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] & """ 'Report is blank
'DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , [AADInstallBy] = "' Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] " '" 'Does nothing
'DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , [AADInstallBy] = " Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] " 'Does nothing
'DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , [AADInstallBy] = "'" & Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] & "'""" 'Report is blank
'DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , [AADInstallBy] = Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] 'Does Nothing
'DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , [AADInstallBy] = " & Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] & " 'Does nothing
'DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , [AADInstallBy] = Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] 'Does nothing

End If

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Try it this way:
Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport "Rpt_AAD", acViewPreview, , "[AADInstallBy] = '" & Forms![Reports_Frm]![Cbo_Fltr_RigNm] & "'"
Hope that helps...

wilder20

Local time
Thank you, works beautifully. I think I need to learn exactly where to put this apostrophes and quotes.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you, works beautifully. I think I need to learn exactly where to put this apostrophes and quotes.
Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom