Open subform to specific records based of off input from combo boxes (1 Viewer)

mayestom

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:46
Alright, the way you explained your OP gave the impression that you want to open another form that had a subform and base it on the records of the subform in the opening form.
I know, sorry for the confusion. This has been a long and windy thread.

Did Allen Browne's code not work? Now because you have these lookup fields strewn all over the place, and you're not consistent in which Program field to use (i.e. ID or Texrt part) your filter may not work. You need to sort out the lookups part and keep things consistent.
I'm sure the code works (and I have properly given credit:)). I guess, like you said, I just need to sort out which Program field it looks for and figure out if my Row Sources are correct, then it should work like it was designed.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:46
I know, sorry for the confusion. This has been a long and windy thread.
It normally doesn't take this long for a trivial question such as this.

...(and I have properly given credit:))...
Great! :D

I guess, like you said, I just need to sort out which Program field it looks for and figure out if my Row Sources are correct, then it should work like it was designed.
Yes, sort that out, and use the ID to filter the form. Always remember the ID and the Text value come as a pair in Combo boxes where the hidden value is the numeric ID that should be saved to the table.

Any concerns or questions, let us know.

mayestom

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:46
I finally got it to work!
Yes, I need to clean up the db, sort things out.
Thank you vbaInet for your help in guiding me throught this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom