Option group value carrying over (1 Viewer)

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:31
What are you doing wrong when an unbound option group value carries the same value over all the records & changing even one option in a record goes thru & happens to all the others?

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
No easy answer for this one. Are you saying that if you select an option that it changes ALL the records in the table to that option? More details and/or some of the code you are using might help....

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds like you don't have the option group bound to the record. If the option group is unbound, of course it will display the same value when you scroll through the records, because there is nothing to cause it to change. To show a different option value for each record, you need to store the value in a table field. (bind the control)

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Drat! There was an easy answer for this. Well done Charity!

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Charity, I’m afraid I was looking to see if it was possible around the fact of having to bind the group to a field, which for me does not exist currently. I only mention this b/c for me doing the developing & stuff & having to remodify tables etc, seemingly, somewhere down the road causes a problem in some form or another so I was just asking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom