Org Charts with Access and PowerPoint (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:57
I did a quick search on here and was shocked at the lack of answers regarding Org Charts and Access. Visio is out of the question but I do have all the other Office programs.

Has anyone here ever used Excel or Access with PowerPoint to make one? As common as Org Charts are, I am surprised it isn't a common topic...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:57
I think @The_Doc_Man has some experience in creating that sort of thing in PowerPoint with MS Access data...

My recollection is, it was a pain of the first order, to paraphrase you ....

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Excel comes with the Visio Data Visualizer add in which links Org Charts to data.
Works pretty well
Would be pretty easy to do an Export from access and create a new chart. Basically all you need is a self referencing parent id.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There are some links returned from this google search
"msaccess interacting with powerpoint"

Not sure how relevant they are.
I know an Access Forum participant, who, although busy with presentations at the moment, has a lot of experience with office product interaction.

OOops, I see MajP has sent a real option while I was typing.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
As far as PP and the Org Chart object, I looked at that in the past. As far as I can tell it does not expose itself to VBA so there is no way to control it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Excel comes with the Visio Data Visualizer add in which links Org Charts to data.
Works pretty well

Would be pretty easy to do an Export from access and create a new chart. Basically all you need is a self referencing parent id.
Thanks MajP, I think that this will be the best option considering who the target is. Problem is, our IT has everything so locked down, we cant add Add-Ins without their approval. Looks like another call to the "Help" desk.

Thanks again!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I just saw your link and tried it.

Seems the Clarks are taking over ;)

OrgChart1.PNG

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Wow, some of those names are actually in me family tree...wonder how they would feel being subordinate to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom