outlook 2003 (1 Viewer)

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:31
Hello,

I have created a code that will automatically send an email from access using sendobject. The code runs fine but I noticed that if outlook is not open outlook will save the email in the outbox until outlook is open.

Is there anyway that I fix this issue?

thanks,

Dani

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:31
there is an option under the EMAIL tab in the options menu of outlook that says "Send Immediately when connected". If this is unchecked, outlook automatically saves pending outbound messages in the outbox until you manually tell it to send the stuff. additionally, there is a setting that sends and receives upon opening the program. fix these 2 appropriately and you should have your answer.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:31
Hello,

I have created a code that will automatically send an email from access using sendobject. The code runs fine but I noticed that if outlook is not open outlook will save the email in the outbox until outlook is open.

Is there anyway that I fix this issue?

thanks,

Dani

Without the popup message saying that another program is trying to automatically send an email... blah, blah, blah.

Would be interested how you achived this as I have recently been asked to do the same thing.

Cheers,
Dave

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:31
Hi ajetrumpet
Thanks for the reply.
Had seen that thread before and thought it would be a pain to impement, but following the instructions in the first link, I found it a breeze.

Does anyone have any feedback from IT managers on their opions of adding modules to outlook and setting the macro security to LOW.

The history of threads on this forum seems to point to IT personnel being a tad difficult to get on with, and not great fans of Access.

Cheers,
Dave

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:31
Hello,

I have tried everything you guys told me and outlook still hold the email on the outbox until I open outlook, I tried in both 2003 and 2007... Now I think I can resolve this issue if I can get a code that will open outlook after the sendobject event is executed.. This way the email will be on the outbox and once access opens outlook it will send it.. Anyone has the code on opening outlook from access.. Not the sendobject cmd...

Sigmund

Local time
Today, 10:31
Heel Tastic Review

I’m using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and In the ‘My Calendar’ I click ‘open a shared calendar.. .’ When I select an address in my contacts and press ok it pops up with an error message saying ‘Unable to display the folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user’. Do I need more software? Please post me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom