Outlook Forms to Access? (1 Viewer)

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:29
Hello Everyone

How are we all today? Wondering if anyone can be so kind as to helping me with a little problem I am facing at present. Since discovering yesterday that you can take over the contents of your inbox / archive folders in outlook to access in this thread here Thread This all works very well when taking the contents of an email over however what about attachments? Basically I have some Purchase order Request forms (which are Outlook forms) so I want to take this over to Access. Is this possible? Instead of the attachment the table just shows a field called Has Attachment - all equal to 0 for all records in the table.

Would appreciate some advice

Many thanks
Hay

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Hi Hay,

What happens if you use a line something like

MyRs("Attachment") = oMessage.Attachment

haven't tried it myself though.

Edit:

On second thoughts, storing the attachment in access in not a good idea as this will cause bloat+
I would save the attachment into a specified directory and save the absolute path to the attachment instead.

I'm not sure if you can do this with the Attachment property of the message or not - I shall investigate and try to get back to you.:)

Last edited:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Good point Fiz I didn't really think of that. Thanks for all your help over the last couple of days it's really helped me get things going - you're a star:)

Thanks again
Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom