Outlook (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 02:03
I have used AOL for email but for numerous reasons I want to change. I have also had outlook but never used it. Trying to evaluate it and study it I found that I needed to know what version I was using. All the google instruction I find said start by clicking file. I have open ever link and nowhere can find file.
What gives?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
All the google instruction I find said start by clicking file. I have open ever link and nowhere can find file.
What gives?

Perhaps here?

1674178149089.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:03
I tried but can't open your zip file. Could that be part of Office 365?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:03
Dick,
That is online Outlook, not desktop Outlook. :(
I too cannot open that zip file.?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I tried but can't open your zip file. Could that be part of Office 365?
Well, I certainty have Office 365 as I need it for access, but if I have outlook 365 I don't know. In fact, this is the reason for this thread. I am trying to determine the version. Everything I googled to find out the version doesn't work.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I am even more desperate to learn and use Outlook as my AOL account was hacked this morning. They send lots of my contacts asking for gift cards. Deleted all contacts from my computer. Tonight, I open a tutorial for Outlook for beginners. The Page, they showed me is completely different than my Outlook. When I open my outlook, it has my picture in upper right-hand corner so it must be my account. When I try and send an email to a known address, it has my Outlook address in the from line, but it comes back undeliverable.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 15:03
@Dick7Access
As stated by @Gasman You're trying Outlook Online.
You have to click start, All Apps and find Outlook and run it.

Recent versions of Outlook starts with a wizard and tries to set everything on a routine. It doesn't work mostly because Pop & smtp server should be set manually along with encrypt method and their port. After installing new versions of Outlook, I always add the following registery entry to change adding account to manual mode.
Don't add the following key if you're not sure what you're doing.
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup]
"UpdateProfiles"=dword:000281aa
"DeleteVBEToolboxCustomization"=dword:00000000
"RegisterForms"=dword:000281aa
"MigratePrefs"=dword:00000001
"ImportSRS"=dword:000281aa
"First-Run"=hex:91,e3,42,a5,83,28,f1,41,bd,e2,f6,a2,1a,ee,d2,61
"DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation"=dword:00000001

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thank you, we have lift off. I did not know what gasman meant. As far as my limited knowledge would take me, I though all email servers were on line, like AOL. Lots on outlook for me to learn, but its a start. At least my screen looks like tutorials.
Thanks again. Come to Ocala and I will take you to the second-best Chinese Buffet I have ever been too. I have a meeting in RI in May and Pat is taking me to the most expensive streak house in RI. She says not to insult her by offering to pay.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Dick,
Most email servers are online.
You are using what is called an email client if the program is on your device, be it PC, phone or tablet.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Word, Excel, and Outlook all have online versions that you run in a web browser or from your phone. you have to log into your O365 account and you should have the option to download the rest of office if you want to run the programs from your C: drive instead of from the cloud. Using Outlook does not give you an email account. You would connect Outlook to whatever email account you switch to. MS offers email accounts also but they are separate from your A365 subscription. You can sign up at Outlook.com

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Word, Excel, and Outlook all have online versions that you run in a web browser or from your phone. you have to log into your O365 account and you should have the option to download the rest of office if you want to run the programs from your C: drive instead of from the cloud. Using Outlook does not give you an email account. You would connect Outlook to whatever email account you switch to. MS offers email accounts also but they are separate from your A365 subscription. You can sign up at Outlook.com

Pat, you have totally confused me.

When Kita posted

“ As stated by @Gasman You're trying Outlook Online.
You have to click start, All Apps and find Outlook and run it.”

I followed the directions and pin it to my task bar. When I click on it, it opens outlook I am able to do somethings. I already have O365 on my machine, so now am I running Outlook on my machine or on the cloud? I have a Microsoft/Outlook Account with this email address Spirit3Dick@outlook.co. Is this not my email server when I want to send emails? I have send a few emails to friends to test the system and they have received them.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time

Pat, you have totally confused me.

When Kita posted

“ As stated by @Gasman You're trying Outlook Online.
You have to click start, All Apps and find Outlook and run it.”

I followed the directions and pin it to my task bar. When I click on it, it opens outlook I am able to do somethings. I already have O365 on my machine, so now am I running Outlook on my machine or on the cloud? I have a Microsoft/Outlook Account with this email address Spirit3Dick@outlook.co. Is this not my email server when I want to send emails? I have send a few emails to friends to test the system and they have received them.
Ps. can I use Spirit3Dick@outlook.co to send emails, without using outlook.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
so now am I running Outlook on my machine or on the cloud?
If Outlook is opened in a browser, it is a cloud application.
If Outlook is opened as the familiar office app, it is running from your c: drive.
Outlook.com is your email provider. You can use any app you want to view your email. Outlook whether Cloud or local is just one (or 2) of the possibilities.

If you open Word, Excel, or Outlook in your browser, you will see differences between those versions and your local installed version (if you actually installed them). Only Access MUST be installed locally. Access cannot run in the web browser. However, if you want Access to automate Word, Excel, and Outlook, you can only do that with the locally installed versions. VBA isn't available in the cloud versions of the Office apps.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Dick7Access

I hope that is not your real email address? :(
If so change it please, else you could get so much spam.:(

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:03
I am even more desperate to learn and use Outlook as my AOL account was hacked this morning. They send lots of my contacts asking for gift cards. Deleted all contacts from my computer. Tonight, I open a tutorial for Outlook for beginners. The Page, they showed me is completely different than my Outlook. When I open my outlook, it has my picture in upper right-hand corner so it must be my account. When I try and send an email to a known address, it has my Outlook address in the from line, but it comes back undeliverable.

Yep, I got one of those mails. The old "Please send a gift card for $400 - buy the card, take a picture of the front, attach." The only thing to do short-term is to change passwords. Long-term, get in touch with your provider/carrier and get the account name changed.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I have never seen my picture in my Outlook 2007 email client?
Find out what version you are using on the computer, NOT the online version and google for tutorials on that version only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom