!@#$ Page Margins ... (1 Viewer)

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:50
I have an Access 97 reporting DB.

On all other systems these reports print out fine.

I just set up this reporting system on a new computer and when I print, the reports print on two pages - second page had a tid bit of an order date.

On the other systems, all the page margins ( top, bottom, left & right ) are set to .25" and the column width is set to 8".

I also receive this message upon running the report:
The section width is greater then the page width, and there are no items in the additional space, so some pages may be blank.

If I manually move this Order Date field over it does not properly print in the Order Date box on the form fed document.

This report is printed to a OKI Microline 320 Turbo 9 pin dot matrix printer.

All my margins are at .25" EXCEPT for the right margin, which is at .416" ... WHICH I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE!! Why?

I have reinstalled the proper drivers for this printer and have up to Office SR-2 installed.

Why am I unable to change the right margin to .25", if all the other systems have this setting?

Any suggestions are muchly appreciated, as I am seriously frustrated with this situation .... if I have left out any pertinent info .. please send your questions my way ....

Cheers!
QT

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Margin settings are controlled by the printer driver. So, any time you need to print a report on different printer types, you will need to design the report so that it prints properly on the system with the biggest margin requirements.

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
All systems are printing to the same Oki dot matrix printer. That's why I can't understand why I am unable to change the right margin from .416" to .25" ( as all the other systems are set up ).

When I try to change the right margin to .25" it reverts automatically back to .416" when I tab off the field.

How can I override this value?

QT = (

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Does the problem computer have a different version of Windows or different patches applied? How about updates to Access?

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, the problem computer is running Windows XP Home instead of Pro .... why would that be creating an issue?

All systems are patched with Office SR-2b alike.

Any takers ... I REALLY don't get this. I have played around with this for days. Now I can get the right and left margins set to .25 but the Top Margin is reverting to 0.326 and bottom to 0.583. So now the alignment on where the print starts is off.

This is so frustrating. I have reinstalled 3 seperate drivers to no end.

QT = (

uncle-lai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:50
Try to change the settings in Design Mode and save the report before switching back to Preview. Page Setup settings are not permenent if changed in Preview Mode.

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks.

I am still unable to default all margin values to .25.

QT = (

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
Can you believe this ...

This problem has still not been rectified!

I have literally install all drivers including ML320 and ML321 Elite and Turbo drivers to no end.

This only driver that works is the ML321 Elite driver. What I mean by works is that all margins are actually set to 0.25 and the report VIEWS properly.

However when I print, all the text is moved over to the right and some text on the right side of the document is cut off.

Could this have anything to do with the unprintable area settings? I can't even find them in XP ?

Ahhhh, help.

Nancy :eek:

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
Fixed ... sort of.

Yes, no thanks to OKI support !!!

I went on a rampage, installing drivers and to my surprise I came acrosss one that kept the margins set at 0.25 on all sides and ACTUALLY PRINTED properly on the form. The fonts seem to be a little off at times and the printing of some numbers ( for example the number 8 ) looks odd.

BUT ... it works and my client is finally able to print out PO's, Invoices and packing slips.

The driver I installed is the Epson compatible 9 pin driver in Windows XP.

QT ;)

QTNM

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks ...

And thanks to all for your suggestions and comments!

QT = )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom