Parameter Query (1 Viewer)

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
I have a parameter that I need to get a table contents between dates. In the query:
Birthdate: XXTable: criteria as follows: Between [Enter Start Date] and [Enter End Date:]

When run it gives me the Error - ! This expression is type incorrectly, or its too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables

I have tried almost everything. The formatting of the Birthdate is x/x/xxxx or shortdate. Will this affect the input thus affecting the outcome of the query.

Many thanks in advance:

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
[
QUOTE=Brianwarnock;1328705]Should that : be part of the [enter end date]

Brian
[/QUOTE]

Don't think it matters either way since between [ ] should just be text. Now that is what I have been told. Checked it anyway and it does not make any difference
but did find the problem.

It seems that February 2013 had only 28 days and I wanted it to display day 29. This dang computer has a way of making you feel stupid on a daily basis. Did not think to look at that.

Is there a simple way to prevent this from happening within the query or do I need to code it in..

Thanks Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:42
I'm confused, nothing new there, are you saying that you want to display a day that does not exist ie 29/Feb/2013 ?

I presume not so can you explain please.

Brian

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
I'm confused, nothing new there, are you saying that you want to display a day that does not exist ie 29/Feb/2013 ?

I presume not so can you explain please.

Brian

NO Brian: I was testing the query with 2/1/2013 (start date) and 2/29/2013 (end Date) not realizing February 2013 did not have 29 days. Really did not think about a leap year scenerio. This is the month and year I have most of my data I was testing. Should have use another month but would not have had as much data. The day that did not exist is the reason for the error message.

My apologies

Bladerunner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom