Passing field on one form to field on another form (1 Viewer)

Johnny Drama

In need of beer...
Local time
Today, 07:52
This is probably so simple it's stupid, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I have a command button on a form which when clicked I would like it to open a second form and pass the value in the "controlnumber" field on form A to "controlnumber" field on form B. The code I'm using below keeps asking for a parameter...I just want what's in the field passed. I've been punching myself in the nuts over this all morning...

Private Sub convobtn_Click()
Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "Conversation"
stLinkCriteria = "Me.ControlNumber = Forms!Conversation!ControlNumber"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , stLinkCriteria, , acDialog

End Sub

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 16:52
Nut punching seldom leads to a solution. Have you considered a revolutionary approach: looking up DoCmd.OpenForm in the documentation or googling it, and following one of the numerous examples to the letter, meaning character by character?

TrevorSmile

Local time
Today, 15:52
in the second form set the default value of the required field to the field in the first form ie =Forms!FormName!FieldName

Johnny Drama

In need of beer...
Local time
Trev,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't seem to work. Kept tinkering and finally got it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited:

Johnny Drama

In need of beer...
Local time
Nut punching seldom leads to a solution. Have you considered a revolutionary approach: looking up DoCmd.OpenForm in the documentation or googling it, and following one of the numerous examples to the letter, meaning character by character?

I have a revolutionary approach for you...try not being an ahole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom