Password Protecting Backend (1 Viewer)

Dave31

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:05
I managed to password protect my backend (as the backend is on a server and anybody could access it) so i have it password protected so only i can gain access to the data.
Now, when i try and access the backend from the front end, the frontend prompts me that the password is invalid (indicating its trying to enter the backend using no password, thus an invalid password warning appears. And this means nobody can access the data from the frontend)

Is there a way to get round this password issue from the frontend? I.e. have the password for the backend, but when you access the frontend, it doesnt need the password for the backend (i have my own username/password system to log on to my database)

I know there are different user level securities you can use, but im not familiar with this. So if you have an idea about this, then im all ears but keep in mind I don’t really know how the security levels work in Access (nor do i have the time to learn it in depth or even find help other than here)

Many thanks for your help

David

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
if you relink the tables it will ask for a pw and then remember it for future use

Peter

Dave31

Registered User.
Local time
unfortunatly, if i try and relink the tables, it comes up with invalid password (again, its trying to access the data on the tables (backend) but cant as there is no place to enter the password) and no area to enter a new password.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
You need to delete the links first and then make new ones, after that the Linked Table Manager will remember the password

HTH

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom