Passwords (1 Viewer)

PeterWieland

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:39
Hi,

I need to get into an old database that was written by a previous employee and locked up tight, and no-one can remember the password. I know the password for a very restricted user, but there are not enough rights on this user to do anything useful. I can get into the back-end, but the info I want was stored in the front-end (God knows why!), and I can't even open that without running it with the .mdw file. I can open the .mdw file on it's own, but the tables are hidden, but the queries are visible, so I can get a list of users, passwords and SIDs. However, the password field is encrypted, and just shows what appear to be random Japanese or Chinese characters. I have tried to delete the password, but nothing happens when I press delete. I guess that I don't have rights to modify data.

Is there any way to decode these passwords?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Search for "forgotten password" - I'm sure someone posted some code to do this somewhere

Col

PeterWieland

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Colin, but all of the code posted, as well as the utils available on the web, are for a password on an .mdb file, not the .mdw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom