Solved Paste plain text into a rich text field (1 Viewer)

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:31
Ok, I just managed to copy it to the end of the text box as plain text, adding a paragraph break.

Now my question is how to add this code to a button, referencing the field you are in.

Attachments

• Prueba.accdb
    680 KB · Views: 70

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
OK, perfect. I have created a ribbon with two tabs, one with the default group of Paragraph Formatting, and another tab with a button for Plain Paste. Everything works correctly, but the behavior needs to be fine-tuned.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
  <ribbon startFromScratch="true">
<tabs>
<tab id="T001" label="Formato de texto">
<group idMso="GroupTextFormatting">
</group>
<group id="PegadoEspecial" label="PegadoEspecial">
<button id="PegarTextoSinFormato" label="PegarTextoSinFormato" imageMso="MasterViewClose" size="large" supertip="Pegar texto sin formato" onAction="rbPegarSinFormato" />
</group>
</tab>
</tabs>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

Code:
Sub rbPegarSinFormato(Control As IRibbonControl)
  Screen.ActiveControl = Screen.ActiveControl + vbLf + Application.PlainText(Clipboard)
End Sub

Function Clipboard(Optional StoreText As String) As String
'PURPOSE: Read/Write to Clipboard
'Source: ExcelHero.com (Daniel Ferry)

Dim x As Variant
'Store as variant for 64-bit VBA support
  x = StoreText
'Create HTMLFile Object
  With CreateObject("htmlfile")
    With .parentWindow.clipboardData
      Select Case True
        Case Len(StoreText)
          'Write to the clipboard
            .setData "text", x
        Case Else
          'Read from the clipboard (no variable passed through)
            Clipboard = .GetData("text")
      End Select
    End With
  End With
End Function

I detail what happens:

1. When I paste the text, it ends up selecting all the text, and I want it to stay at the beginning or at the end, it doesn't matter to me.
2. When there is no text in the field, having put a paragraph break, it adds a paragraph and then the text. Here we should put a conditional that says that if the field is empty, that it only adds the copied text without formatting; but if the field is filled, it adds a paragraph mark (I've put a constant, but it doesn't add a paragraph) and the plain text.
3. In the ribbon, I want to add an image to the custom button, but I don't know how it is. Can you explain me?

Thank you very much.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 16:31
1. When I paste the text, it ends up selecting all the text, and I want it to stay at the beginning or at the end, it doesn't matter to me.
Try after the paste
Code:
dim ctrl as access.control
set ctrl = me.activecontrol
ctrl.selstart = len(ctrl.text)
ctrl.selLength = 1

2. When there is no text in the field, having put a paragraph break, it adds a paragraph and then the text. Here we should put a conditional that says that if the field is empty, that it only adds the copied text without formatting; but if the field is filled, it adds a paragraph mark (I've put a constant, but it doesn't add a paragraph) and the plain text.
Code:
if (me.activecontrol.text & "") = "" then
  me.ActiveControl.text & Application.PlainText(Clipboard)
else
  Me.ActiveControl.text & vbLf & Application.PlainText(Clipboard)
end if

3. In the ribbon, I want to add an image to the custom button, but I don't know how it is. Can you explain me?

I would ask in a separate thread. I am not good at Ribbons but there are others on the site that are very good.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
From the image, it was only to change it in what I have happened to you: I have put paste and it has already taken the one I wanted.

One last question: I'm trying to get it to create a separate new line for me, and there's no way. I have tried with vbCrLf, vbCr, vbLf and vbNewLine, but none creates a separate line for me

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
The answer to the last question is this:

Code:
Sub rbPegarSinFormato(Control As IRibbonControl)

If (Screen.ActiveControl & "") = "" Then
  Screen.ActiveControl = Screen.ActiveControl + Application.PlainText(Clipboard)
Else
  Screen.ActiveControl = Application.HtmlEncode(Application.PlainText(Screen.ActiveControl & "<br>" & Clipboard))
End If

Dim ctrl As Access.Control
Set ctrl = Screen.ActiveControl
ctrl.SelStart = Len(ctrl.Text)
End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom