Solved Paste values only (1 Viewer)

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:21
Dear reader,

I have a protected workbook and sheets but i am unable to prevent users from copying and pasting values in my sheets.
It is a popular way to use the spreadsheet and fill it with data. I can understand that.

But copying a value from one spreadsheet to another using ^c, ^v always copies the formatting also.
Is there a way to paste values only, without the obvious rightclick and select paste values, because the mouse rightclick was succesfully disabled.

Thanks for your time.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:21
If the sheet is protected,then one cannot type,nor paste anything into the sheet.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:21
Alt-e, s, v (click OK)

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks Ranman256 and arnelgp,

In Access we can catch keystrokes using the AutoKeys macro.
What is the equivalent in Excel?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:21
There is no way to programmatically capture the event of pasting, specifically. But you may be able to code worksheet change event and then Clear formatting from the Target. That may be too sweeping a result, though, for your needs.

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
If it was for personal use only, i would have considered the last solution by Arnelgp. But it is an application for a few hundred users, and i don't know if the solution is worse than the problem.
As you can understand, it is a big risk to introduce this solution when only 1 user has this problem.
So i will leave it the way it is.

Thanks for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom