PDF / Form Question (1 Viewer)

Hydra427

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:43
Good afternoon, I have a box on a form that when it gets focus that it opens a corresponding PDF to a specific model with a list of sub models. I would like to be able to have a row of numbers on the bottom of this PDF that when I click one of them it returns that value to the original form and closes the PDF. What I think I am looking for a form that opens at the bottom of the page when the PDF opens as well. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:43
Hi. Just to clarify, did you want the numbers on the bottom of the PDF or did you want an Access form to overlay on top of the PDF?

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 09:43
When you say PDF, do you mean a Report in Access? Or an actual PDF on your computer?

Hydra427

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:43
The PDF is an actual PDF on my computer showing the model associated with it's number. I thought about a PDF within a form and also an overlaying form where you could still see the PDF.

Right now I am using the following which gets me to the correct PDF for the Model number but I want to be able to click a button (a,b,c,d,e) which will close this form and return that value to the box on the original form. I have attached a copy of one of the PDF's as an example.

Private Sub Stannard_Guide_GotFocus
Application.FollowHyperlink "C:\Users\John\Documents\Stannard Guide\"&Me.[NUMBER]&".pdf"
End Sub

Attachments

• 25A.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom