Solved pdf on a subform and page breaks (1 Viewer)

cbabi2

Local time
Today, 03:47
Hi, I have this form with control buttons at subform where I want to show a set of records (just like a report) from a table in a pages (not in continuous form) where I am planning to navigate these pages the subform through the control button I put on the main form....

I tried to save a report as a PDF 'snapshot' (so that is is paginated) and open it in a Web browser control in Access but it opens outside Access. How can I open it inside Access?

I tried it also that the subreport came from a table but it was showing in a continuous form, how can I paginate it because the records shall be a lot that I find it hard to navigate them in a vertical scroll bar.

Thanks for the replies

Attachments

• subform from table - example for post.accdb
    2.8 MB · Views: 352

cbabi2

Local time
thanks

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:47
Could just use keyboard PageUp and PageDown keys to navigate records. Or this action can be coded behind command buttons. Like:

Me.ctrVessels.SetFocus
SendKeys "{PGDN}"

I renamed the subform container to ctrVessels. Used SendKeys because DoCmd.GoToRecord not working with code behind main form to address subform. Why is main form set for Datasheet view? Change to SingleView.

Also advise removing space from name "tblVessel subform".

cbabi2

Local time
Hi Guys,

@arnelgp , I tried the viewer and it works..... thanks for your help.....I am going to use this database on my office as my tool... I tried do same but I cant run the reg file as our IT have a strict policy on running this type of file.... so I end up with June7's suggestion. I knew someday that I am really going to need to run the viewer I am just looking for the right opportunity to persuade or IT to allow me to run the reg file.. thanks again..

@June7 , Thanks for the suggestion and for the VB codes, I am going to use it on my database. I have learned another code on VB thanks to you..

Last thing guys and I hope you bear with me..... I would like to ask if it is possible to hide this part of the subform? Thanks

1638767073438.png

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Set RecordSelectors property to No.

cbabi2

Local time
I tried to set recordselectors of the subform to no but it was still showing

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry, my goof. Doesn't work when form is set for Datasheet view. So no, can't hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom