Permissions not inheriting (1 Viewer)

yippie_ky_yay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:11
Hello all,

I have created user accounts - assigned their permissions - and then assigned users to those groups.

I'm having some problems though - when I check the permissions for the groups it seems fine, but if I click on the individual user they have no permissions! Should they not inherit permissions from the group I assign them to? If a user belongs to both the Users group and my newly created one, should it not get the highest level of permission for each object?

Thanks in advance,
-Sean

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 14:11
I think that

Member of groups do inherit group permissions it just that they are not shown

If you give a user a specific permission then it is in addition to any group permission for groups to which they belong

If inherited group permissions were shown under the user as well I think it would get very confusing especially when you wanted to edit permissions.

I believe this to be situation but others please correct me if I am wrong

Perhaps somebody else could comment on situation where say Edit permission is given for group but for one User who is a member of that grouwant to deny Edit permission.

Basically can this be done and how

Len B

yippie_ky_yay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:11
Hey Len,

you may very well be right because the users of my group seem to be able to do everything with one exception - change their password in the mdw (which is what prompted me to post this question).

I will post a new thread on the subject if I don't solve it soon. Thanks for answering - it would make sense if that is how it works!

-Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom