"picture too large to be truncated" (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 13:43
i keep getting error in subject. and i did research but do not know if all of these folders dangerous to delete. can someone tell me? here what i found for an answer
and i see many things in temp folder. thank you

temp.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The one that looks like a GUID (first one, starting with {0FF00...) should probably not be touched under any circumstances. However, the thing that leaps out at me is that all of those folders have been updated within 2 days of each other (4/24 to 4/26). So they are all actively used. Just reading a folder won't update its date, at least some file was written or modified recently for each folder.

I have a feeling that whatever you are doing, if you tried to delete the folders, they would be created again given the nature of the /APPDATA/LOCAL/TEMP folder. Therefore, I have no advice to offer at the moment.

conception_native_0123

Local time
I have a feeling that whatever you are doing, if you tried to delete the folders, they would be created again given the nature of the /APPDATA/LOCAL/TEMP folder.

that is what happen doc man. they were create again. i backed up folder and deleted all folders in temp but they were created again. but it still not solve the error that i received so do not know what to do. the error does not do anything either. i get it every time i close file in excel, but nothing happens other than annoying popup box. all my office programs still works fine so i dont think it hurt anything. i followed advice in the thread i posted.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:43
use Third-party software to Clean your Temp folder.
the System maintains them, and we don't know when they
will be "cleaned" by the system.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, @arnelgp, I doubt they would EVER be cleaned automatically. I haven't seen that kind of automatic housekeeping in any version of Windows since 3.2 and that has been a LONG time ago.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The files in question are not part of browser history because they are kept in other areas. There is a specific place for browser temp files. (Place DOES depend on the browser in some cases.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom