Pictures side-by-side (1 Viewer)

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:50
Hello AP folks,

I hate to resurrect this topic but I am finding myself in a bit of a bind and have been starring at code for days on end now.

In the most simplest of ways to explain it, I have the following:

• A table that houses a picture file name and its corresponding path (just to my Desktop)
  • A Report where, in the Detail section, I place an image control which references the picture(s) in the table.
I have four pictures that I am attempting to display side-by-side rather than the "normal/standard" way - vertical. So the reports works fine in displaying all four images one on top of the other but how would I go about placing them, again, side-by-side? I would really, really appreciate any feedback/direction.

Thank you so much! :banghead: :confused:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:50
can't remember if it was available in 2003 but with current versions of access, on the report design ribbon, and under page setup you can use columns

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you CJ. I have tried columns before to no avail.

I intentionally did not add more information so as to not bring confusion. But essentially, the four pictures contained in the table belong to the same foreign key in the table.

So, while the PICID in the table (autonumber) changes, the ItemID (foreign key,) remains the same. Perhaps this is why I am not able to use columns?

I apologize for not mentioning it - I am using Access 2010.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
See attached for an example database that shows multiple image thumbnails side by side in both forms & reports

HTH

EDIT: I posted this before seeing your last reply. Hopefully you can still use the idea

Attachments

• ImageDisplay v3.zip
    799.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 274

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much ridders. I honest to goodness don't recall the original post answer but I am super thankful for reposting it. Thank you so much! I will examine/explore and report back. :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
This is one of my example databases.
Are you saying this is what you saw originally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom