PLEASE HELP with me.move, me.top, me.left not working (1 Viewer)

Sleekmac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:13
I've been googling this for days and everybody says me.move 0,0 should work in a form_load event, but IT DOES NOT WORK.

Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
  Me.Move 100, 100
End Sub

Everybody seems to think that this is an easy way to move a form to a fixed screen position on load, but when I try to do it, I get a Compile error: "Method or data member not found". I am using VBA 6.3.

Also not working are Me.Top and Me.Left. I am trying to get a form to appear at left=100 and top=screen.height*.8 and be form.height=screen.height*.2. This should place the form at the bottom of the screen, and be fixed at 20% of screen height. I have code to calculate the screen size, that is no problem. Also I can resize the form using Me.Form.InsideHeight and Me.Form.InsideWidth. I just can't get the form to move to a specific start location.
Is there a forms library I need to load to be able to use these functions? What am I missing here, because I see tons of example code using these functions with no problems.

Sleekmac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:13
To clarify - I can view all of the properties of the form object in the VB window and there is no Top or Left property to the form. It has BorderStyle, TimerInterval, Visible, etc but no Top or Left, which is all I need.
It also has all of the methods it should EXCEPT for the Move one, which is of course what I need. (It has Undo, Refresh, Requery, GoToPage, SetFocus, etc)
Have I been sucked into a wormhole and deposited in a Bizarro Universe? WTF! All MS documentation insists that these method/properties should be there.
Can someone please reply before I gouge my eyes out?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom