Please! Need Help with this Database (1 Viewer)

TurboDieselOne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:19
This is my first real attempt at Unbound forms and am finding this really dificult. On the form Main next to the Information tag is an Update button this is meant to update any changes made to the tblNames at the appropriate Record the Only thing is I disigned an Update qery and then copied the code into the onClick event. But I keep getting too few parameters

I have to do this with the Address thing too I really Need to get this out of the way as soon as Posible. Today if Poss as I have to have it ready to use at work tommorow.

Attachments

• law & order 3.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 83

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
turbo,

What version of Access did you post in? I can't read it
with A2000.

Wayne

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
If you can save as an earlier version A97 or A2000 then
you will get a LOT more help...

Wayne

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:19
The reason that people use Access for development is because of bound forms and reports. You are getting a taste of what development is like with VB or C++. Using unbound forms just makes development much harder.

AncientOne

Senior Citizen
Local time
Sorry Turbo, I can open your form, but nothing works on it. I can't add a record or step to a previous record etc. How's it supposed to work?

TurboDieselOne

Registered User.
Local time
Press the Edit Button and in the Header at the top is a combo under the heading Company. Select the Company there is only One but with two Address. Now this will Populate the Form I have sused out the Update Button in the Information Area and I am sure I can do the same in the Address (Now I think I know what I am Doing but what I want to be able to do is this

Clear the Information Area using the Button Clear Put in a new Company Name for example and Add this to the tblNames update the trelNAmes to Address so this new Company is Related to the Address in the Address Area.

If you see the realtionships the table are about as simple as Normalized as I could get down to without putting Combos and table for Street Names etc in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom