Please, someone help (1 Viewer)

dan54

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:20
I am trying to add up values in fields from a main report and two other sub reports in one expression in the same report as the other (sub)reports are located. I have been told this will require complex visual basic code. Can anybody help. please.

dan54

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:20
Hi Jack,

i have tried the web site you suggested, and it looks like what i am after. However, i have not used Visual Basic before and havn't a clue on how to work it.

Here is my problem in more detail:

i have three tables, each containing stock for a music shop (one containing the stock of records, one containing the stock of CDs, and one containing the stock of paper items). I also have a 'Orders' table. When a new order comes in, i enter it into the Orders table using a form (a record for each item that the customer has ordered).

I have created three queries, each one searches for the ordered items in each of the three stock tables.

To display the information in one report, i have created two sub reports within the main report (as you cannot have three record sources in one report). The record source for the main report is the query that finds orders from the Records Table, the record source for subreport 1 is the query that finds orders from the CD Table, and the record source for subreport 2 is the query that finds orders from the Paper Items table.

Within these three queries there is a 'Price' field that shows the price of the item that the customer has requested. There is one of these fields in each sub report, and one in the main report (showing the prices of the records, CDs and paper items requested). What i want to do is add the prices of all the records, CDs and Paper items the queries find (and consequently show in the report and sub reports) together, to calculate a grand total of all the items requested at the bottom of the report.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom