political speeches (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:53
Death to all the money lenders.
But money lenders only exist because some people want to borrow money. Easy to blame everything on them but it takes two to tango

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:53
But money lenders only exist because some people want to borrow money. Easy to blame everything on them but it takes two to tango
It would have been interesting to hear people's views two or three years ago, if the lenders had said 'No, you can't have any money, we can see problems coming in a little while'. They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I don't disagree with that.

But when the financial institution are supported by the tax payers they should be required to exercise a degree of fiduciary responsibility to the people that provide them with capital.

Unfortunately most of the debt is ultimately owed to the Chinese and the Saudis.

And for that; shame on us.

But that’s a different topic all together.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Laughing....KRYST - the bold was aimed at THALES. not you honey. ;)

I asked if you were a woman because your reaction to being lied to by the politicians has a feminine bias.

Most men react in anger to politicians lying and cheating. Mostly men don’t feel “dirty” from other people’s actions. That of course, is just my take on it.

So if you’re a woman, then great, but if you are, then why put a male picture up as an avatar?

If you’re not; I find it rare to see a male reaction similar to yours.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 15:53
If you’re not; I find it rare to see a male reaction similar to yours.
why get mad about it? that's pointless. power corrupts. simple. it makes me feel dirty because I am NOT corrupt. plain and simple.

as for the rest of your post, I think I'll just throw it out the window.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
why get mad about it? that's pointless. power corrupts. simple. it makes me feel dirty because I am NOT corrupt. plain and simple.

as for the rest of your post, I think I'll just throw it out the window.

Dirty from a mans point of view implies transferred guilt. Dirty from a woman's, denotes emotion override, like repulsion, etc. Repulsion is not typical male overreaction.

That's all I'm saying I am not criticizing you. You just seem like a woman pretending to be a man.

I'm sure I'm wrong, I often am.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 13:53
It would have been interesting to hear people's views two or three years ago, if the lenders had said 'No, you can't have any money, we can see problems coming in a little while'. They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

No they were not.
They had to be sensible , responsible and diligent, whilst taking their profits, thats all.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
No they were not.
They had to be sensible , responsible and diligent, whilst taking their profits, thats all.
Yup Paul is right.

However, on a more sinister note; the large institutions knew that the governments around the world would never let them fail.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:53
Yup Paul is right.

However, on a more sinister note; the large institutions knew that the governments around the world would never let them fail.
Weren't Lehmann Brothers big enough then:confused:

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 15:53
I'm sure I'm wrong, I often am.
Well, lets see here...
PHP:
if often = 1 or often = > 1 then
   Thales = wrong
end if
and on a side note,
PHP:
if ($aje == "first initial" . "middle initial" . "last initial") {
   $trumpet = "instrument I play"; }
else
   { "I don't know what I'm talking about"; }

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Well, lets see here...
PHP:
if often = 1 or often = > 1 then
   Thales = wrong
end if
and on a side note,
PHP:
if ($aje == "first initial" . "middle initial" . "last initial") {
   $trumpet = "instrument I play"; }
else
   { "I don't know what I'm talking about"; }

You have proven beyond all of my arguments that right wingers take information out of context and rearrange it to fit their limited understanding.

Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom