Popup not working (1 Viewer)

zebrafoot

Local time
Today, 14:29
Hello!
I wonder if anyone can answer the following:

I've got a search facility on my Welcome screen. I wish the search term entered by the user to trigger the opening of a popup form, which contains a listbox of results; the user can click on the required result, shutting down the popup form at the same time. I've done this three times successfully, but one of my forms is playing up. If set to Popup but NOT Modal, it won't work. If set to Popup AND Modal, it will open, but I can't then click on the form underneath it. Any idea what could be causing this behaviour? As I say, I've done something similar for three other searches and I can't see why this particular one should be causing an issue.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 10:29
does it work without being a popup? does it need to be a popup?

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:29
What exactly doesn't work? Do you get error, the pop-up doesn't close, the click doesn't do what you want,.... Having the form modal will prevent you from clicking anywhere else as that is the definition of modal. Can you maybe show us some of the code (how do you open the popup and the code on the popup)?
Cheers,

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A popup form stays on top of any others. You can move another form to a different position, but the z-order will mean the popup form is logically on top of the other one, so you can't bring a completely hidden form above the popup. Is that the issue?

zebrafoot

Local time
If the search result form is set to popup "yes" but modal "no", it doesn't open, or at least if it does open I can't see it. If it's set to popup "yes" and modal "yes" then it opens, but as you say, I can't click anywhere else (I did know about this being a property of modal, I was merely playing with the setting to see if I could get it to open at all).

If I set it to popup "no" and modal "no" the search form does open, but obscures the more detailed form I would like to view when I click on a part of the list view.....and that form doesn't work as a popup either.

zebrafoot

Local time
Thanks GTH. No the issue is the popup not opening, or at least appearing to open if set to popup but not modal. I have plenty of popups in my DB and this seems to be an aspect of Access which I have had some issues with. My frustration is that a similar search works, but this particular popup doesn't and I want to make the user experience as consistent as possible.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
is it under another popup?
is there an issue with the form. How do you handle the error if a form doesn't open?
see what error you get when the form fails to open.

zebrafoot

Local time
It is not under another popup. It's not giving me an error, I just can't see the popup. I tested it with the debugger, with didn't show any issues, then removed the debugger whereupon the programme crashed and now it works! The wonders of Access....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom