Positioning after clicking View More (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:22
Would be convenient if, after reviewing some posts in a forum, you click on View More, and it positioned you where you were in the forum (ie next post). Currently goes to top of forum.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Maybe it's designed that way in case the new list contains items you haven't read yet, in which case they might scroll above the top of the screen when the list is rebuilt and you go to your "bookmark"?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maybe. But if you click what's new, read the 5 or so posts titles, get the View More option and click it, and get returned to the top. Not what I would expect, but maybe.

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
OK, that's just one of a number of different ways we use the site, I guess. I always go to New Posts. When I click More it brings up another list which contains a lot of stuff I've already read. Now if that list is ordered by date/time then I was supposing something that I hadn't seen because it was new, would scroll off the top because of what I'd call this bookmarking feature. I think I see what you're getting at but I suspect it's all in how you navigate.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Can't please all the people all of the time.......reality.
If I counted correctly,
What's New -->10 titles

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Maybe there's still something Jon can do for you, but I agree and long ago gave up trying to please everyone.
Now I have no idea what the difference is between New Posts and What's New. Maybe what's new is threads I haven't even looked at yet.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It was intended as a site suggestion, and I thought it might get reviewed, categorized and actioned one way or another - if it was considered "that could be useful" and reached any sort of priority list.

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:22
What's New shows you all the recent new posts. You may have read some already but they are still in that list.
For me that list shouldn't be longer than 10. Quick overview.
The New Posts shows all the posts you haven't read.
Also notice that when you click view more in the "What's New" list, you jump to the "New Posts" list without the filter unread. That is why you jump back to the top every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom