PowerApps for Access Developers? Yes. Join us Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:30PM Pacific (utc-8) (1 Viewer)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 02:12
How do you make your powerful Access relational database applications available to your users, clients or customers on their mobile phones and tablets? One way to do that -- one that many of us have not paid enough attention to -- is via PowerApps.

Did you know that you can connect to the same data both from an Access desktop relational database applications and from a PowerApps application? That means users can interact with that data from anywhere they have cell phone service.

Join us Thursday evening, May 5, 2022 at 6:30pm Pacific to hear more about it from, Shane Young, the Principal Consultant at PowerApps911, a leading provider of PowerApps applications and training. Shane is also one of the most successful YouTube creators of PoweApps tutorials.

I promise you an hour of entertaining material, whether you come away with a greater interest in pursuing PowerApps for your own tool kits or not.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:12
Sounds Interesting.

I've been utilising Flow Automations to monitor shared email inboxes, and log incoming emails into an Azure SQL table.
It works well without the need for a device needing to be left on or a database running somewhere on a timer.

Sometimes the need for a mobile app means Access isn't a viable solution so this might be a way forwards for simpler requirements, without needing to engage a Web designer.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
To be honest, a lot of us have not paid much attention to PowerApps. They are not perfect, but I was quite surprised at just how powerful and flexible they are these days, and how well they team up with the data behind your relational database application, whether that's in SQL Azure or in SharePoint lists.

I realize the West Coast US time zone makes it hard for most people in Europe to stay up and participate, but it just might be worth it. ;)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
PowerApp is it $20 / person / month?
One question I plan to pose to Shane is whether a PowerApps application can be deployed to a "guest" user without incurring that cost. Like a lot of MS licensing plans, some of these things are a bit murky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom