PowerApps vs alternatives (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:51
I am curious about this new PowerApps tool and how it compares to the alternatives out there. For example, I have come across automate.io and wondered if that is similar to PowerApps or not. Anyone know?

Also, Zapier comes to mind.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:51
A perusal of Automate.io's website makes me think automate.io might be somewhat comparable to Flow/Power Automate.

Power Apps on the other hand is more to build an actual, browser-run App (although you can certainly make something inside a Power App 'trigger' a Flow execution).

As usual, I think Microsoft's upper hand in this area comes from the usual place of strength: integration and bundling (to use those terms very loosely). If, as a business, you already use things like Sharepoint and Office 365, most users if they knew about both Flows plus some other tools, they might as well go with Flows as it's so tightly integrated with all things 365 and MS. Unless the Cost variable goes strongly in one particular direction..

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Right, so its browser stuff. The Power Automate looks interesting. There are so many different Microsoft products nowadays I just can't keep up with it all.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Teams kept trying to install itself on my PC a while back. It was driving me nuts. I was being force-fed it.

Steveskok

Local time
Today, 17:21
I don't think so, that an automate.io is an alternative for PowerApps

PowerApps is a tool that enables you to build customized apps and can be used via mobile devices and the browser, without any code using the drag and drop technique.

Automate.io connects all your cloud applications with amazing ease. Automate marketing, sales, payments, or any business processes in minutes.

Here are some alternatives for Automate.io

1) MakeWebBetter
2) IFTTT
3) MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
4) Zapier
5) TIBCO etc...

PowerApps Alternatives

1) AppSheet
2) Clappia
3) Corteza Low Code
4) Salesforce App Cloud
5) OpenXava etc...