Powerful thought .. (1 Viewer)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 23:25
They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live.
- Steve Maraboli

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:25
Haven't we cancelled 1984 and burned all the copies? Google, FB, and Twitter have combined to form the Ministry of Truth with sub departments chaired by the NYT and CNN and if anyone were to ever read 1984, they might see what was going on around them.

Umpire

Local time
Today, 07:25
New rules:
All members of Congress must take a High School Civics class with emphasis on what is a Compromise.
And they must all read 1984. And write a 5 page (12pt font. single spaced) book report.

Only after finishing both tasks can they get paid. And no votes in Congress until completed as well.

Combine that with Term Limits and we may have a chance.

Mike Krailo

Local time
We now have a government voted by the people, for the special interest groups. No responsibility or accountability to anyone. BTW, did anyone get a 7% raise last year to keep up with inflation? Show of hands please.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I keep blaming the Republicans for being feckless pieces of dog poo as they hide in the corner terrified of being called a racist or even worse - a Trump supporter:eek::eek::eek::eek:

But in reality it is Bubous Americanus who doesn't understand civics and who make their voting decisions based on the talking points offered as "news" by the talking heads. I remember the promise of cable news. At last we were going to be able to get actual details on important topics so we could make informed decisions. None of this "Georgia's voting law changes are racist!" garbage with absolutely no sustaining fact behind the statement. And the total misinformation spouted by Sotomayor that there are 100,000 children hospitalized for COVID and "many" are on ventilators. Just saying it makes it true apparently. But that woman is sitting on the Supreme Court for LIFE and she is making her decisions on tweets and misinformation. What the h*** are her clerks feeding her and why isn't anyone standing up for basing decisions on actual facts. It's not like the CDC doesn't have actual numbers. But facts be damned. I "feel" like I'm protecting the people by enforcing the vaccine mandate. Overturning one bad COVID decision (big company mandate) while supporting the other (hospitals) is like trying to slice the baby in half. BOTH violate the constitution. Biden overreached. And now we have the Supreme Court making law. That is NOT their job. They have no clue what the Constitution actually means.

Facts are few and far between regardless of how many "news" and opinion pundits you listen to. It is only by listening to "both" sides can you even come close to discerning what they are trying to hide. And even then, it is hard to get to the facts. The CDC has modified their website so you can't get actual numbers. God forbid, people actually look at the numbers and make decisions based on facts. The CDC puts them in "context" so the statistics convey the message they want rather than what we might see differently working with the numbers directly. And as one great pundit (Mark Twain?) once said - "There are lies, damned lies, and there are statistics"

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know about you but I am having an awesome week. Biden's approval rating is at 33%. Build Back Better and the so-called "Voting Rights" bills are just about dead. The Supremes split on the vaccine mandates. Manchin and Sinema are holding their ground with the filibuster. Stacy Abrams and most civil rights groups boycotted Biden embarrassing the hell out of him in Georgia. Kamala does an interview with The Today Show and was unprepared and embarrassing as usual. And that was just this week! :D

Umpire

Local time
I don't know about you but I am having an awesome week. Biden's approval rating is at 33%. Build Back Better and the so-called "Voting Rights" bills are just about dead. The Supremes split on the vaccine mandates. Manchin and Sinema are holding their ground with the filibuster. Stacy Abrams and most civil rights groups boycotted Biden embarrassing the hell out of him in Georgia. Kamala does an interview with The Today Show and was unprepared and embarrassing as usual. And that was just this week! :D
And more people every day are seeing the liberal media for what they are: Shills for the Democrats.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Exactly how I feel.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I'm always amazed when democrats bring up Jim Crow, Jim Crow 2.0, Jim Eagle, Bull Conner, The KKK, and other leftwing hate ideologies in an effort to tie them to the Republican Party. The dumbass Republicans rarely push back against such notions. This is another reason not to be in the Republican camp. I assume this is an outgrowth of our re-education system primarily run by left-wing ideologues trained in the art of Maoism. :D

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's part of their rewriting of history. The KKK wasn't us, Bull Conner wasn't a Democrat, etc. That's why they created the Ministry of Truth (Google, FB, Twitter) and backed them up with CNN and the WAPO and NYT.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I agree AB ... but I do see the Republicans trying, I think figuring out the best strategy to fight back against "you're racist" nonsense/strategy (that Dems have), is kinda dicey, though. Because people are stupid, and many believe it (or WORSE yet, people have actually accepted the new 'definitions'...this is racist, that's racist, everything's racist).

What I mean is, it's hard to push back against it without stooping TO it

But
1) Republicans need to do a better job of exposing the whole Robert Byrd thing. It's ASTONISHING to me that Robert Byrd, MAJOR KKK MEMBER & even leader who absolutely HATED african american people with all his energies........Then became a star in the Democrat party, and all the big name Democrats eulogized and gushed over how much they loved him at his funeral just a few short years ago! How is this not recognized by the populace for what it really is? I guess Democrats "think" people are stupid.............................................. (ok i guess that's enough dots for my subtlety)

2) The whole 'racism' thing is dying out. Remember, it's ALL about the economy. Give Republicans a chance to win an election or two, and a majority of the country will begin to prosper, work, earn, succeed, etc. That will be enough to keep it going - as that's supposed to be the American dream.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I'm always amazed when democrats bring up Jim Crow, Jim Crow 2.0, Jim Eagle, Bull Conner, The KKK, and other leftwing hate ideologies in an effort to tie them to the Republican Party. The dumbass Republicans rarely push back against such notions. This is another reason not to be in the Republican camp. I assume this is an outgrowth of our re-education system primarily run by left-wing ideologues trained in the art of Maoism. :D
This gives me a segue into Biden's ridiculous Atlanta diatribe were he (Biden) invoked the name of Martin Luther King.
Seems that conservatives have missed a very obvious flaw from Biden's hateful speech. King was for a color blind society were a person's worth was based on their character. Biden, the day he took office, made racism an official government policy under the guise of "equity". Under "equity" the color of one's skin matters, not the content of their character. That is in direct antitheses to what King preached. Surprising that this defect in Biden's racist speech has not been pointed out. Biden is on the side of George Wallace, not King.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is also an opportunity to refer to Eisenhower's Farewell Address (1961). In that speech Eisenhower recognized the potential that a military/industrial complex could "rule" the government and admonished us to be mindful of this potential. In today's language, this is now the "deep state". The Deep State Exposed II (AKA Military/Industrial Complex).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He who controls the message, controls the masses".
(A plagiarized derivative that I ran across evidently based on a quote from Joseph Goebbles: "
He who controls the medium controls the message. He who controls the message controls the masses.")

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
2)... Give Republicans a chance to win an election or two, and a majority of the country will begin to prosper, work, earn, succeed, etc. That will be enough to keep it going - as that's supposed to be the American dream.
The system (DOJ FBI) is entrenched with individuals who work to derail anything that moves this country forward and to the center. Candidates who try and purge these individuals are met with a buzz-saw of opposition and eventually stymied in their efforts. Without internal support, it's just window dressing. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom