Powerpoint Question, Screen Crawler (1 Viewer)

RaunLGoode

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
My boss wants me to figure out a cheep way to put a screen crawler at the bottom of a monitor that displays the status of some systems. I was thinking that there should be some way to do this with MS PowerPoint. Has anybody out there ever tried to do something like this? I know there is an animation function, but I haven't found a way for it to act like that annoying thing at the bottom of your screen on every news cast these days.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:20
What information do you want ot display or more importantly where does it originate from ?

The easiest way I can think of having constant dynamic infomation is from a web page that you have on your desktop (active desktop), to turn this on go into display properties > desktop > customise desktop > web from here you can set a site to be constantly displayed on the desktop (it doesn't even have to be hosted on a web server any valid site even if it's stored on a drive will work)

RaunLGoode

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
I need to show a daily log of events. This is currently a FileMaker Pro DB but will be converted to Access some time in 2007. Along with that, my boss wants to be able to display announcements that he would add from time to time. So I need to make posting announcements pretty easy to do and I need the database to be real time or close to it. If the DB could reload / refresh every minute or two that would be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom