Preventing old reports updateing new details (1 Viewer)

chuckster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:56
I have report which looks at linked tables for agent details. If however I change one of the details the report updates the changes in all previous records. How can I ensure that it only shows the values that were current at the time of data being keyed in?
tia

chrismcbride

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:56
Charles
I think we may have a terminology issue here. A Report does not change data, it only diplays data. If the Report is showing data you think is wrong then chances are the Report's format is incorrect.
On the other hand it is possible that you want to want to have Agent Details in the Agent table change without changing Agent Details that are stored with another record (say Agent Sales). For example the Agent's Base Commission may be stored in the Agent Table. However the Commission rate is subject to change throughout the year. If you want to print a Report that acurately shows the Agent's commission rate through time, then you must store is in the Agent Sales table as well. Probably a bad example, but I hope you see what I mean.
Chris

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:56
PLEASE! Don't post the same question to multiple places. This question has already been answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom