Print only once if multiple records (1 Viewer)

jimmy0305

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
Hello everyone...

I have a query that looks like this :

QryPatientInfo
PatientID____PatientName____Modality____Notes____NDate
00001----------Doe,John---------FMCD---------text1-------01/01/05
00001----------Doe,John---------JJTX-----------text1------02/01/05
00003----------Doe,Jane---------FMCD---------text5-------02/02/05

In my tables :

tblInfo_______________tblNotes
(PK)PatientID<---join--->PatientID
Lname______________(PK)NoteID(autoNumber)
Fname______________Notes
Modality_____________NDate

In my report, a patient can have several informations or records.
What I want is if let say John Doe has several records, I don't want
to see the "Notes" repeatedly on the report. I just want to see it
once... Any help will be greatly appreciated...Many Thanks.....

Jimmy <-- :confused:

iago18

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure I understand your table relationships. It appears like "Each patient can have 0 to Many Note records". If that's the case, it would follow that each Note would be different. If that's the case, why *wouldn't* you want to show the Note field multiple times?

jimmy0305

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your prompt reply...
Actually, It's my boss that doesn't like to see the notes repeatedly...
In the report, if let say John Doe has 3 records and each records has different modalities but has the same notes. How can filter the notes to appear only once on the first record of John Doe... Is this possible? Many thanks...

Jim

iago18

Registered User.
Local time
Why don't you move the Notes field from the Notes table to the Info table? That way there is only 1 Note per patient. Then create a report listing all patient info records linked to the main patient record. Group records by Patient (and show the note for them) and then list each information record underneath that relates to that patient. To access report grouping, open the report in Design View, right click on the report and select 'Sorting and Grouping'.

jimmy0305

Registered User.
Local time
The Notes is also tied with the patient's therapist that's why I created a separate table for notes. Each patient can have several notes by different therapist and the report is also driven by therapist. I just didn't include it because I can easily filter the notes by therapist. My main concern is how can I print the notes only once in the report. I hope I explained it well...

iago18

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, but you've lost me. Before you said the notes were "all the same". Now you say they are different by therapist. If they truly are different then each note is unique and I don't know how to display the first one but not the others.

jimmy0305

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sorry I didn't explained it well before... Thanks again for your help... I finally got it sorted... Again... I appreciate your help & especially your time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom